What I packed for a 6 week trip in South America in just a hiking backpack:

I personally hate checking bags when flying. I don't trust the airports to keep tract of my luggage and honestly it's just easier to travel with everything you need on your back (not to mention going through customs takes 1/3 of the time). I embarked on an adventure to Ecuador this past summer and went from climates such as the coast, highlands of the Andes, and down to the Amazon Rainforest with everything I needed in one 50gallon backpack.

Here's what I packed for weather that varied in temperature from 30 degrees to 80 degrees with instances of rainfall:

•3 pants-one dark blue jean, one light blue jean, and a pair of leggings.

•2 shorts-a pair of dark wash high-rise blue jean shorts, and a pair of light wash blue jean shorts

•5 shirts- all plain, neutral colors

•2 long sleeve, light fabric shirts

•2-cardigans: one light weight and the other a bit heavier

•1 raincoat

•one pair of sneakers and my chacos

•a baseball cap

•various toiletries



Using the rolling technique I managed to fit all of these things into one small backpack. This made my traveling around the country so much easier and smoother. Being a minimalist while I travel is definitely one of the best decisions I have ever made.

Popular Posts